hello my dear readers!
I just wanted to share with you this sweet idea for a gift bag! It's very cute and easy to make yourself (only 10 steps).
This is my first DIY, so I'm a bit worried if the explanations are clear enough. If you have any suggestions, please leave a comment, I'll be very glad :)
What do you need:
1. a gift bag
2. a piece of rectangular paper
(it's better to use thin paper that has the same print on both sides
some old newspaper/book/dictionary like I did for my gift bags)
3. packing twine or anything else you would like to use for decoration
1. fold a piece of paper in half
2. fold the top corners into the middle of the paper (it's very easy to find the center line by folding the left side on the right side and by unfolding)
3. fold the bottom of the paper up to the bottom of your corners (do it on both sides)
4. then fold the bottom corners (on both sides)
5. fold the bottom of the paper again (on both sides), so the whole piece would look like a square.
6. insert thumbs into bottom to make a square
7. fold the bottom part of the square like this (do both sides)
8. insert thumbs into bottom, push and make a figure like shown
9. fold the bottom part
10. grasp the edges and pull them gently apart to create a boat. Voilà! Your paper boat is ready!
here are the boats I've made for the "Sail away with me..." gift bags. You can decorate the bags with packing twine, little seashells. etc. Have fun! :)